Parking is open to seniors for either the fall or spring only. Applications MUST be submitted for each semester by 3:00 PM on the due date.
STUDENT PARKING APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Parking is open to Seniors only and is a privilege, not a right. Seniors are eligible upon completion of an on-line application form submitted in accordance with posted deadlines. The application includes:
1. A fee of $35.00 per semester in a check made payable to Hillsborough High School. No cash. Returned checks must be replaced with a cash only payment of $42.00
2. Required documents for parking application include student driver’s license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance, which will be presented when parking tags are distributed. All documents must be current at the time of application and must be updated if they expire during the school year.
3. Random Drug and Alcohol Policy Form must be completed or on file.
If the number of applications exceeds the number of available spaces, a computer generated random lottery will be conducted to determine parking assignments.
Parking permits are valid for one semester. Each student who receives a permit will be assigned to a designated lot. However, individual spaces within those lots are not assigned. Permits are issued at the start of school, at the semester change, and throughout the remainder of the school year as space permits.
PARKING RULES AND REGULATIONS
These parking regulations will be enforced Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., while school is in session.
Parking privileges will be revoked for any violation of the following:
Warnings will not be given before parking privileges are revoked!
- ***The permit is only to be used by the student to whom it was issued and is valid only for the vehicle that is registered with the school.***
- Parking permits must be displayed from the rearview mirror.
- Students are only permitted to park in their assigned lot. Students are cautioned to avoid restricted areas like handicapped spaces, fire zones, faculty spots, visitors’ spaces, reserved spaces, curbs, and driveways.
- Students are to drive carefully and obey the applicable laws while parking on campus.
- Excessive noise (stereo, gunning engine, squealing tires, etc.) is not permitted.
- Students must have written permission from the attendance office to be present in the parking lot during the school day.
- Students must have written permission from an administrator to use their vehicle during the student’s schedule of classes.
- Unauthorized use of any vehicle will result in revocation of parking privileges for those holding permits, regardless of whose vehicle is used.
In addition to loss of parking privileges, students that are in violation of these regulations are subject to the discipline code of the school (Saturday detention, etc.). Students may also be ticketed by the police and/or towed away at owner’s expense without prior notification.
Parking privileges will also be revoked for any of the following:
- Two (2) suspensions during the school year.
- Three (3) Saturday detentions during the year.
- Ten (10) or more incidents of tardiness/late (excused or unexcused) to school in any semester.
- Counterfeiting and/or exchanging tags.
It is the student’s responsibility to keep track of their disciplinary infractions. Warnings will not be given before parking privileges are revoked.
Any student found in possession of or using a lost or stolen parking permit will be subject to the appropriate school penalty and prosecution by the police department.
Parking permits are valid for one semester. Students who receive a permit will be assigned to a designated lot. However, individual spaces within those lots are not assigned. When applications exceed available spaces, a lottery will be used to issue permits. Refunds will NOT be given for loss of parking privileges .
Permits are issued to only Seniors at the start of school, at the semester change, and throughout the remainder of the school year as space permits. Students in the REACH Work Study programs are given first preference for available spaces, but they must apply each semester, pay the required fee, and abide by the above regulations / deadlines.
LOST OR STOLEN PERMITS MUST BE REPORTED TO THE MAIN OFFICE IMMEDIATELY.
KEEP DOORS TO VEHICLES LOCKED AND VALUABLES HIDDEN FROM SIGHT.
REPLACEMENT PERMITS WILL BE AVAILABLE, WITH A $20 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT.
THE PARKING ATTENDANT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEFT OR DAMAGE TO VEHICLES.